Lately Ethan has been "tucking" Olivia in simply because he wants to. One night he asked "Mom, can I read to Olivia and tuck her in by myself" and we said yes. When he was finished, a good 20 minutes later, we went in and told her our good-nights. It was a sweet moment, but it wasn't the last. They enjoyed that moment together and now it happens at least 5 nights a week. I finally got around to taking a picture of their time together. It is one sweet moment I will not forget.
BIRTHDAYS!!!
We ordered our cake from Kroger and Olivia obviously wanted a pig on her cake. Sarah agreed that a farm themed cake would work perfect for their shared birthday.
Thanks to Elizabeth, Olivia got the pig she wanted. After Santa bringing a stuffed pig and a play pig we realized she wanted a real, live pig. I was considering the option until she opened this present and the pig actually makes noises, walks, oinks, and has a bottle. Who can beat that? Thanks Liz!
Happy 5th birthday to Sarah and Happy 3rd birthday to Olivia!As I checked facebook I saw a friend found two baby chocolate labs. I thought that was great, for her. Then the next day she posted photos and as I looked at them I showed Nathan and he refused to look. Then I checked facebook the next morning to find she was going to take the puppies to the pound because she couldn't find a family willing to take them and she couldn't find their home. SO, I called Nathan and told him those two puppies will be heading to the pound and he said.."go get them". I called the kids inside, they were out making their playhouse a jungle, and showed them the pictures of the sweet labs. They started jumping for joy. It was a beautiful sight! They got dressed, we picked up the pups and then we had to name them. We finally chose Duke and Ginger. Lucy, our Golden Retriever, is Olivia's best friend and they "hang out" a lot during the school hours. They each have a dog and they are so happy. Night one, anyway.
Nathan instantly fell in love when he got home from work and the dogs were in need of a nap, even if it was only a quick power nap.

Lucy and Olivia settled in for the nightSarah and Ginger settled in for night one....
Ethan and Duke settled in for night number one....
After picking the dogs up at 1:00 they ran around chasing the kids all over the house for a solid hour, then a trip to the barn and back, then a trip to the pond which they wanted in so badly but still too scared. The boy is much more brave than the girl, she is very quite and a bit lazy compared to the loud, hyper, daring boy. He already chases the 4wheeler and we have to let the girl ride with us...she refuses to walk and follow us. Then a shower was in store...now that was fun. 3 kids and 2 puppies all in my shower at the same time...talk about a wet floor! Needless to say, after all that we are hoping they are tired and will sleep well tonight!
Hey Carolyn. I gave you an award, lol. Come by my blog and check it out.
ReplyDelete